The Sales Associate promotes Borsheims' mission and provides signature service to customers for all shopping channels. Sells merchandise by assisting customers in-store, online or over the phone with selection and purchase of merchandise in order to maximize company sales. Stocks, organizes, and cleans sales area. Performs departmental opening and closing procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Promotes Borsheim's mission and provides signature service to customers by delivering a unique and engaging experience. Sells merchandise by assisting customers in-store, online or over the phone with selection, showing merchandise, explaining features and benefits, providing product knowledge, responding to customer concerns and questions, reviewing price and closing the sale.
- Ensures customers are greeted appropriately and in a timely manner. Focuses on and follows through with customer needs by connecting with the customer.
- Uses technology to assist in the sales process, including but not limited to, Borsheims.com, Virtual Showroom, bridal registry software, industry websites, vendor portals, live chat and Point of Sale (POS) system.
- Uses suggestive selling technique for add-on and future sales. Proactively informs customers of upcoming events, new products, complimentary products, etc. Maintains a client base and actively calls and prospects customers for vendor events, special sales, and future promotions, through the use of clienteling and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Completes paperwork according to company policy and procedures, ensuring it is legible, detailed and accurate.
- Processes various customer requests such as special order, engraving, etc. Prepares proper documentation using computer, forwards to appropriate person for completion.
- Assists in pulling merchandise for sales orders via E-commerce website and email.
- Assists in opening and closing procedures to inlcude putting out and pulling merchandise each day.
- Completes cross training to sell to customers in Ladies Jewelry.
- Performs weekly audits of open sales orders to ensure all orders are closed out and finalized.
- Maintains department appearance by organizing displays and cleaning regularly. Restocks merchandise to be sure all inventory is represented on the sales floor at all times. Monitors inventory and informs manager/buyers of out of stock, misplaced or missing merchandise.
- Follows established security procedures when handling merchandise.
- Attends in-house training, vendor and product knowledge seminars.
- Offers input and suggestions to management for increasing efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties as requested by supervisory/management personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, read a computer screen and printout, and count currency.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves, and to climb a ladder to retrieve merchandise from shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, handle small jewelry/gift items, operate a 10-key, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to stand and/or walk for over eight hours.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
Borsheims offers an excellent BENEFITS package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote from Within
- Ongoing Education & Training