The Watch Repair Technician completes basic watch repairs, cleaning, and battery changes on watches under Watchmaker’s instruction. Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, and job complexity. Performs partial repairs and water testing.
Qualified candidates should have:
- Keen hand eye coordination
- Attention for detail
- 1 year of watch repair experience is preferred
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Receives merchandise for repair, adjustment, cleaning, etc. Communicates best option and repair price.
- Proceeds with basic repairs using techniques necessary by following manufactures repair standards
- Performs miscellaneous basic and intermediate level repairs on quartz and automatic watches. Removes and replaces movements, batteries, etc. Performs ultrasonic cleaning, refinishes/polishes, and repairs bracelets. Performs rate adjustments, changes batteries, quarts movement replacements, crystal and reseals.
- Answers questions concerning job charges, job completion, pick-up dates, job complexity, etc.
- Communicates with manager regarding issues, concerns, and progress.
- Assists watchmaker in ordering parts and tools needed to complete customer requests and coordinates orders and billing.
- Sizes all types of non-karat, karat, and platinum watch bands.
- Discusses repair and warranty options with Factory Repair Watch Associate.
- Maintains appropriate workflow and on-time repair dates as promised to customers. Communicates with Customer Service Rep to ensure jobs are done by promised delivery date.
- Assists in evaluating and monitoring all repair and water testing equipment, machines, tools, replacement parts and stock. Maintains cleanliness and organization of watch shop and workspace.
- Follows proper procedures for maintaining, storing, and eliminating all chemical solutions associated with required work. Follows chemical and equipment safety procedures: SDS, etc.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to work assigned schedule on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to see well enough to read small print, identify merchandise, and read a computer screen and printout; with aid of minor magnification check quality of work on small parts or entire pieces of watch items.
- Ability to hear and speak well enough to converse with others in person, via telephone and paging system.
- Ability to move about the store from department to department, get behind narrow counter areas, and bend down or reach up into drawers/shelves.
- Dexterity to write in small print, hold on to and use watchmaker tools, handle small watch parts while repairing, bend over and pick up dropped materials, operate a computer keyboard, and operate office equipment.
- Stamina to sit for over eight hours and focus on small detailed work.
- Ability to work in a shop environment i.e. elevated noise, minor dust, etc.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 20 lbs.
Borsheims offers an excellent BENEFITS package that includes:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Wellness Program
- Vacation & Holiday Pay
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Closed on Sundays/No Late Nights
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote from Within
- Ongoing Education & Training