World renowned for our brilliant jewels and exquisite gifts, Borsheim’s is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to help fulfill our company mission of exemplary customer service.
The System and Network Engineer provides and supports business solutions using various technologies including networking enhancements, system integration, virtualization, and data security. Supports existing and new infrastructure including routers, firewalls, switches, servers, azure cloud, wireless, computers, security, etc. Monitors systems and network infrastructure on daily basis and implements new technology. Transforms retail challenges into technological solutions.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
Four-year degree in IT-related field or Associate Degree with 3-5 years' experience required. Experience with:
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019
- Windows 7/10
- Active Directory
- Domain Controller
- Remote Desktop Protocol
- Office 365
- Office Suite
- Microsoft IIS
- SQL Server 2005/2008
- SSL/TLS Encryption
Additional qualifications ideal:
- Cisco network technologies including routers, firewall, switches, wireless access points & controllers
- Systems planning – network and server design
- Security principles – security standards and compliance
- General software management best practices
- Best practices surrounding change and release management, testing, operational documentation.
- Knowledge of applicable security best practices and requirements. (i.e. PCI, SOX, HIPPA, etc.)
- Problem solving skills
- Communication and documentation skills.
- Organizing, prioritizing, and handling multiple tasks.
- Cloud technology solutions
- Disaster Recovery
- Business Continuity
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Manages daily network activities including design, documentation, implementation, testing, and security. Monitors and supports all enterprise system solutions.
- Responsible for all new technology implementation under PCI, SOX and HIPAA compliance guidelines.
- Designs, develops, and maintains new cloud technologies including Microsoft Azure.
- Responsible for maintaining systems to be used during disaster recovery and business continuity instances including backups of data and systems configurations.
- Installs and maintains servers on-prem & cloud using Microsoft Technologies (Azure & Hyper-V), operating systems, software, server hardening, group policies, network configurations, encryption, etc.
- Supports existing and new infrastructure. Installs and maintains network devices including configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, firewalls, switches, servers, wireless, computers, mobile technologies, controllers, cabling, etc.
- Maintains enterprise level IT Security vendors and technology upgrades.
- Responsible for managing all technology tools used for maintaining IT infrastructure including Microsoft System Center.
- Responsible for managing and supporting physical data center.
- Provides technical support to retail and corporate end-users including troubleshooting all systems and end-user applications.
- Works with other IT team members and end-users on providing a solution to problems or implementing new solutions.
- Maintains current industry knowledge of trends, best practices, guidelines, standards, and technical expertise.
- Medical/Dental/Life Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Regular Weekly Schedule
- Incredible Employee Discount
- Service Awards
- Promote from Within