Director of Marketing
Location: Omaha, Nebraska,Lincoln, Nebraska,Kearney, Nebraska,Norfolk, NE,Nebraska
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there's no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you'll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
BCBSNE is happy to offer two work designations for our Omaha area employees: 100% in-office or Hybrid option.
The director of marketing will be an influential, knowledgeable and persuasive leader helping shape go-to-market strategies, supporting market segment leaders, and driving value stories and competitive differentiation. You will also lead, manage and motivate a team of marketing professionals in the B2B and B2C space. The director of marketing will be responsible for establishing a clear vision for the marketing department to support enterprise strategy and serve as a member of decision-making leadership teams.
What you'll do:
Establish marketing vision
Set the direction for product, member, and digital marketing, while keeping an eye on marketing operations to develop optimized process and marketing management.
- Direct the marketing department's development and execution of acquisition marketing and retention marketing strategies, as well as goals in alignment with enterprise direction (e.g., revenue goals, membership goals and defining objectives).
- Ensure our marketing strategy drives highly effective thought leadership and market engagement to differentiate us among all audiences (e.g., consumers, brokers, group leaders and providers.)
- Drive understanding of Marketing's return on investment and overall business impact among leadership and other applicable stakeholders.
- Implement an insights-driven decision-making culture by establishing processes and dashboards for measuring and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns/programs; collaborate with other teams including data analytics and sales to incorporate qualitative and quantitative data into marketing efforts.
Cross-departmental leadership role
- Provide regular leadership updates on the overall work and progress of the marketing team and actively communicate of growth strategies, budgets, forecasts and marketing initiatives across the team and the health plan leaders.
- Work collaboratively with Communications, Sales and Account Management, Product, Member Services, and other departments throughout the organization to develop marketing campaigns.
- Work closely with the IS and Market Solutions departments to develop best-in-class strategies to reach prospects and members, making user experience seamless and easy-to-understand.
- Help establish and drive experience management as a practice, working in collaboration with other leaders to intimately know all customer journeys, touchpoints and engagement.
Lead, manage and motivate team members toward individual and departmental goals and objectives; hire staff, develop strong engagement and retention of top talent; provide performance evaluation.
- Oversee the teams responsible for configuring and operating a wide range of marketing tools and producing state-of-the-art, easy-to-use interaction designs.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, or business with 10+ years relevant experience in marketing, strategic planning, media and or communications.
- At least 4 years of experience in leading and developing a high-performing team.
- Experience in various practices of marketing such as direct response, digital marketing, product marketing and B2B/B2C best practices.
- Hands-on experience with digital platforms and campaigns
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple functional areas (creative, agencies, product, network) and fostering teamwork.
- Experience leading complex initiatives in an ambiguous environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in direct response marketing
- Experience in consumer research and segmentation
- Experience in product marketing
- Advanced level knowledge of consumer touchpoints
- Understanding of marketing tech stack, API connections, and other IS integrations relevant to marketing.
- Agency and/or health care/insurance experience a plus
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement. The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments. The ability to work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association