Location: Omaha, Nebraska,Lincoln, Nebraska,Nebraska,United States,Austin, TX,Des Moines, Iowa,Denver, CO,Kansas City, Missouri,Minneapolis, MN
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there's no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you'll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
BCBSNE is happy to offer four work designations for our Omaha area employees: 100% in-office, Hybrid - 3 days in office, Hybrid - 2 days in office, 100% remote. If choosing to work remote, this role can be located in one of the following states: Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.
As a member of the Actuarial team, you will assist the Actuarial Services staff and leadership with a variety of projects including reserving, pricing, regulatory compliance testing, data gathering, and financial analysis. The salary for the position will be based on exams and experience.
What you'll do:
- Under direct Supervision pulls, studies and analyzes health insurance data and learns methods of querying and analyzing data.
- Maintains assigned systems and models designed for various purposes such as claims reserving, pricing, trend analysis and forecasting.
- Applies basic fundamentals of forecasting and financial analysis.
- Learn and apply demonstrated understanding of actuarial concepts and the health insurance industry.
- Gain exposure to other applicable areas to understand connections and impacts
- Assist other Actuarial Services team members with projects as needed through support to the Sr. Actuarial Analysts, Actuarial Associates, Actuarial Partners and Leadership.
To be considered for this position(s), you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, or Actuarial Science or related field
- Successful completion of at least (2) exams.
- Ability to program languages and develop spreadsheet models, databases and statistical models.
- Ability to identify trends and patterns in data sets.
- Ability to understand complex ideas and technical data.
- Ability to successfully collaborate.
- Ability to identify and make recommendations to management.
- Ability to recognize opportunity for improvements, new ideas or innovative approaches. Strong communication and presentation skills.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Completion of related internship and/or (1) year of experience in actuarial analysis.
- Successful completion of at least (3) exams.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for exam or actuarial analysis experience requirement.
- Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting Careers @ BCBSNE
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association