Vice President, Sales
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there's no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you'll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
The Vice President of Sales will assist in leading, coaching and developing a professional sales staff in order to achieve membership and margin targets for all lines of business (commercial and individual/senior market). This position will develop and continually improve sales performance and translate key sales initiatives into action. Relocation to Omaha, NE is a requirement for this position, and relocation assistance would be provided.
What you'll do:
- Establishes the sales strategy and objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales targets and projecting expected sales volumes and revenue
- Provides input on product development, as it relates to market opportunities & overall strategy
- Contributes to product positioning, pricing, distribution & marketing strategy for all existing & new services
- Develops accurate & timely short & long-range new business forecasts & manages to these forecasts by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors' efforts and supply and demand
- Meeting with the sales team on a monthly basis to assess performance against key indicators
- Maintains direct market visibility with consultants, brokers, business community leaders & target prospects. Positions BCSBNE by building external relationships with key customers & market channels
- Work closely with Marketing, Account Management, Legal, Finance, Actuarial and Underwriting, Enrollment departments to build and present a solid product to market
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Administration or Economics
- 10+ years of experience in sales management, developing key business sales strategies for health insurance or other long sales cycle products
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for the above requirements
- 4+ years of experience in a Director or upper management level role
- 4+ years of experience in the healthcare or insurance industry sales or related industry
- State of Nebraska Insurance License (or ability to quickly apply in Nebraska if licensed in another state)
- Demonstrated success in developing, selling and servicing products
- Strong interpersonal, public presentation, and persuasion skills
- Cross functional management experience in the execution of corporate strategies in or to achieve company revenue and customer satisfaction objectives
- Advanced proficiency and understanding of the health care industry and market dynamics and trends for all health care products
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Demonstrated ability to keep current with changes, proposed or threatened, of Federal and State laws, regulations, contracts and rulings related to health care
- Demonstrated understanding of competitor's strengths, weaknesses and strategies
- Demonstrated expertise in handling difficult client issues related to health plan services, policies and procedures
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association