Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And there's no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it.
Our Information Services teams work with new technologies to design and implement highly scalable, complex integrations that improve usability and maximize performance. We are focused on collaborating with our internal and external customers - serving as trusted partners who deliver high-quality, effective solutions.
As a member of Team Blue, you'll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
This Sr Software Engineer will work in an Agile environment. You will assist in sprint design sessions to influence technical architecture and will work with a dedicated solutions architect - all working towards our goal of bringing in the latest in API design, microservices, and Azure technology. We are also moving to a FHIR based data model for our APIs so you'll get to work with REST and an emerging standard for APIs in the healthcare payer business. We'd also like for you to mentor junior developers both on your team and across the organization so we can increase adoption of our enterprise APIs. Our team values high accountability and strong collaboration. You'll work closely with a diverse group of engineers, project leads, and teams across the organization to deliver the best solutions for our customers.
What You'll Do:
* Utilize your knowledge and previous experience to lead the necessary steps to research, design, build, test, deploy and support various complex systems and applications, some of which may be cross departmental.
* Demonstrate passion and integrity, with the drive to excel in designing, engineering and supporting complex software systems. Will utilize this passion to assist fellow team members and work together to provide business solutions at various levels.
* Ensure our enterprise-level products and applications are stable, secure, and scalable.
* Collaborate with upper level roles on architectural decisions to ensure solutions are designed for successful implementation within the vision of the enterprise architecture.
* Communicate with other teams, stakeholders and leadership to ensure alignment and business confidence in solutions being delivered.
* Make impactful decisions using available information in a responsible timeframe.
* Collaborate with Infrastructure to help monitor and performance tune data structures and pipelines for optimal use and best practice.
* Support defining objectives and company culture.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
* Bachelor's degree and 4-7 years of experience in software engineering
* Expertise with Tools/Technologies like Azure, C#/.Net, SQL, and REST Methodology
* Expertise designing, maintaining, documenting and presenting data storage, user interfaces, and backend systems.
* Serve on successful implementations of large-scale and complex projects
* Served as an inter- team mentor to promote stable, secure, and scalable enterprise-level solutions
* Expertise with Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
* Expertise in creating and maintaining different authorization and authentication processes
* Expertise with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
* Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts across varying audiences
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans