Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there's no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you'll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community. Learn more about what makes BCBSNE such an exceptional place to work by visiting NebraskaBlue.com/Careers.
As a Tax Analyst, you will prepare or review a variety of tax related documents, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable guidelines and regulations. You will handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refer more complex issues to higher-level staff. You will possess solid working knowledge of subject matter and may provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to a subordinate group.
What you'll do:
- Performs tax reconciliations and determines liability for accounts, divisions, or business units.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of tax forms.
- Answers questions and researches discrepancies.
- Research, interpret, and understand existing or revised tax codes, laws, or forms.
- Modifies work procedures to reflect changes in tax law or code.
- Assists in preparing federal, state, or local tax returns and related statements or records.
- Maintains records of tax filings or payments.
- Recommends financial actions that may lessen the organization's tax liability while meeting organizational goals and maintaining compliance with laws and regulations.
- Assists with audit defense as needed.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field and 3+ years of experience in tax related role. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
The strongest candidates will possess:
- 5+ years of experience in a tax related role
- CPA certification
- Insurance related tax experience
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska