The actuarial intern will be introduced to fundamental health insurance and actuarial concepts by assisting actuarial staff with projects such as trend analysis, health insurance pricing, financial and block management.
The actuarial intern will learn or enhance their abilities for the following skill sets:
- Macro Programming and Database Querying Skills - the actuarial intern will learn or enhance their skills at SQL, VBA, SAS, Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Data Visualization and Presentation Skills - The actuarial intern will gather data through methods described above and compile into a meaningful format for use by decision-making staff and management.
- Interdepartmental decision making processes - The actuarial intern will be exposed to decision making processes between the actuarial department and other areas of the company such as product development, legal, underwriting, and accounting/finance.
To be considered for this position you must have:
- Candidates must be local to the Omaha metro area and able to provide their own housing and transportation
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers
The Strongest candidate will also possess:
- At least one completed exam from the Society of Actuaries
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association