Actuarial Analyst I
Assist the Actuarial Services staff and management with a variety of projects including pricing, reserving, trend evaluation, data gathering, and financial analysis
What you'll do
- Assist other Actuarial Services team members with projects as needed
- Learn health insurance data and methods of querying and analyzing
- Learn the fundamentals of claim reserving
- Learn the fundamentals of forecasting and financial analysis
- Learn the fundamentals of health insurance pricing
- Learn the fundamentals of trend analysis
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Work with Group Underwriting department to learn their formulas and process
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, or Actuarial Science or related field and up to 2 years of experience in actuarial analysis. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
- Successful completion of at least 2 Society of Actuaries exams required; actively pursuing actuarial credentials
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association