Actuarial Analyst II, III or Actuarial Associate
The Actuarial Analyst/Associate will assist the Actuarial Services staff and management with a variety of projects including reserving, pricing, regulatory compliance testing, data gathering, and financial analysis.
What you'll do:
- Assist other Actuarial Services team members with projects as needed
- Learn health insurance data and methods of querying and analyzing
- Learn the fundamentals of reserving, forecasting and financial analysis
- Learn the fundamentals of health insurance pricing
- Develop communication and presentation skills
- Perform testing to ensure compliance with health insurance regulations (e.g. Mental Health Parity, Part D Creditability, Minimum Value)
- Assess the financial impact of proposed changes to benefit designs, regulations, and cost management programs.
To be considered for this position, you must have
- Successful completion of 3 or more Society of Actuaries exams
- Bachelor's degree in Math, Statistics, Actuarial Science, or related field
- 2 years of work experience in health the insurance industry; An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
- Experience with VBA and SQL
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of the department.
- The ability to work well in a team environment and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
- 5 or more years of experience in health insurance industry
- Experience with SAS
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or near ASA
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association