To provide a structured and advanced education and training experience for a pharmacist whose ability, motivation, and career aspirations suggest potential for creative and innovative leadership in managed care pharmacy practice. The resident will participate in research, clinical and operational activities in order to obtain the practical experience to meet these goals.
What you'll do:
- The resident shall assist the Pharmacy Director and Clinical Pharmacist with Utilization Management programs and will perform the program functions in their absence.
- The resident shall be required to complete a pharmacoeconomic/outcomes research project to be presented at a national meeting and suitable for publication in a professional journal.
- The resident shall review Max Dollar claims for appropriate dosing and use in conjunction with the Pharmacy Director and/or Medical Director.
- The resident shall support the Pharmacy Director in drug information and research activities for the company.
- The resident will assist the Medical Director in any case reviews that require pharmacy related reviews.
- The Resident shall work with the Pharmacy Director on Quality Improvement initiatives.
- The resident shall work with the Pharmacy Director to maintain or develop member and/or provider related educational activities.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Pharm.D. degree from an ACPE-accredited College of Pharmacy
- Licensed pharmacist in the USA or eligibility for licensure (Successful candidate must be fully licensed in the state of Nebraska at the start of residency)
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to provide the following:
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Essay response
- Official Pharmacy School Transcripts
- Three professional letters of recommendation
- On-site interview with short formal presentation at Blue Cross and Blue Shield Nebraska
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association