We are adding to our HR Operations team. Looking for a Payroll Specialist. This role is responsible for payroll activities for the organization including all aspects of payroll processing, vendor payments, and general ledger entries. Maintains and prepares all payroll related documentation related to deductions, audits and regulatory requirements. Responsible for administering leave policies and assisting employees with questions related to various leave policies (FMLA, Military, STD, etc.) Responsible for testing updates to the online payroll system for accuracy, and communicating any changes to the HR department.
What you'll do:
- Prepares semi-monthly payroll for the entire organization. Imports payroll system batch entries and prepares any manual input entries.
- Handles all leave administration communication with employees as well as the calculation of all payroll exceptions related to leave administration for FMLA, STD, Military, and unpaid time.
- Reconciles payroll general ledger accounts and records journal entries on a monthly basis. Reconciles quarterly payroll tax reports to the general ledger, and verifies quarterly trial balance amounts. Maintains close relationship with accounting staff.
- Creates reports and provides data to other members of HR and Accounting as needed. Assists with documentation gathering for various audits.
- Conducts testing of online payroll system updates as needed to ensure accuracy of data at the time of system updates.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelorâs Degree in HR, Finance, Accounting and 2+ years experience in payroll with knowledge of accounting and HR practices. An equivalent combination of years and experience may be substituted to meet this requirement.
- Knowledge of GAAP as it relates to payroll transactions
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal wage, hour and tax laws
- Knowledge of payroll related benefits administration, including 401k contributions, census reports and insurance billing reconciliations.
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association