Manager, Proposal and Implementation Coordination
This position is responsible for managing the proposal and implementation coordination team. This role will manage individual performance, objectives and reviews, and develop and maintain a high performing team through coaching to establish clear expectations and accountability. The team's focus will be on ensuring timely and accurate handling of all large group fully insured and self-funded requests for proposal (RFP) activity and finalist presentations.
What you'll do:
- Hire, develop and coach employees through the employee advancement plan or career path. Hold 1:1s, oversee the facilitation of team meetings, and roll down enterprise strategies. Manage individual performance objectives and yearly reviews, including the incentives program. Administer corrective and separation actions.
- Mediate, remove impediments, manage risks, handle escalations, and resolve issues to allow team to fully facilitate work as necessary for RFP projects and implementation work for self-funded groups
- Lead strategic and tactical objectives that drive process improvements necessary to serve the sales and account management team through best practices.
- Maintain relationships across the organization to ensure consistency of practices and processes, including collaborating with business partners.
- Manage and balance the department budget to support the enterprise financial objectives.
- Responsible for overseeing the management of the business processes related to sales and account management from end to end, coordinating ad-hoc projects, and ensuring smooth operations.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in healthcare, wellness, finance, business, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 yearsâ experience in insurance, healthcare, sales, proposal or contract writing, or related work experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- 3 years of leadership/management experience with demonstrated results in developing team members into a high performance and highly engaged team.
- Current State of Nebraska Insurance license in life and health, or willing to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Experience in the Health Insurance Industry
- Active health insurance license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association