Quoting System Administrator
This role is a technical coordination role that is responsible for acting as the point of contact for new product quotes and rating changes. Critical thinking and focus on verifying that the four steps of rate communication (Plan Identification, Census Construction, Rating, and Correspondence) are effective and pass necessary testing, while aligning with expectations. In the event gaps exist in these systems, the role would be expected to step in and develop work around solutions. Goals of this role will be to implement, maintain, and test a new premium repository and API process, partner with IT teams to outline, create, and test necessary data outputs and census datasets, and to utilize a knowledge base of actuarial rate development processes and underwriting work streams to innovate new data collection methods that best serve the team, company, and members. This is a technical role with a high need for critical thinking.
What you'll do:
- Work with the IT team to make sure data in the rate communication tool (RCT) is accurate and is not being overwritten. Validate data sets for review as needed.
- Review census construction for accurate information and ensuring the correct data sets are pulling and are aligned as expected. Work with necessary parties to correct data as needed.
- Act as a point of contact in reviewing and communicating canned and customized rating methodologies. This will include explaining the processes for generating rates and describing what tables should look like.
- Know what each output looks like and partner with IT teams to create necessary outputs. To include understanding the elements each tool needs to provide the outputs.
- Verifies that each process collects all the necessary outputs correctly and delivers them to the output container.
- Gets buy-in on verbiage and either creates a way for stakeholders to self manage verbiage or manages changes to verbiage directly.
- Provides testing on all steps of the rate communication process (i.e. Plan Identification, Census Construction, Rating, and Correspondence).
- Develop and document workaround solutions when necessary.
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years of previous experience in statistics, mathematics, data analytics, or a programming role
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted for this requirement.
- This person needs to be fluent in VBA and either SQL or SAS.
- Track record of independent project work and the capacity for extreme critical thinking.
- Project management experience.
- Proven track record of strategic thinking.
- The ability to meet or exceed the attendance and timeliness requirements of their departments.
- The ability to work well in a team environment, and be capable of building and maintaining positive relationships with other staff, departments, and customers.
The strongest candidates for this position will also possess:
- Previous actuarial, insurance, or underwriting experience preferred
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association