Systems and Agile Project Manager
Responsible for serving as the departments Agile team facilitator to ensure the Agile team delivers value aligned with the corporate vision by maintaining the focus of the team, continuously monitoring team health, facilitating and removing impediments through discussions and collaboration. Coordinates and facilitates the communication of system and process changes to the Support Teams and Stakeholders. Serves as the medical management system liaison and is responsible for communicating information to teams and stakeholders. Consistently grooms the backlog and collaborates with technical service teams and business areas, while supporting the technology used by the Medical Management Services team. This position is within the Health Delivery Engagement business unit and not in Information Services.
What you'll do:
- Assists the HCDW business teams, prioritize and maintain the backlog. Maintains transparency of work, metrics, projects, artifacts, and issues. Keeps the backlog groomed, accessible and visible to all teams and Leadership.
- Collaborates with business partners to provide: Coordination of ongoing development, testing, communication of changes to business trainers, communication with other departments, etc, including Medical Management Team. Is the go-to person for questions/answers/updates regarding the departmentâs work/projects.
- Serves as the Agile team facilitator; applies Scrum principle and facilitates the planning and meetings, stand-ups, retrospective reviews and any other ceremonies. Participates in Agile Communities of Practice. Communicates, teaches, coaches and mentors on the value of Scrum to attain a high performing team and maximize business value. Strong team player with an ability to interact with stakeholders from various parts of the business, while committing to the company culture and vision.
- Application support and maintenance (updates to assessment tables, field application customization, problem research, etc)
- Create and evaluate business requirements, procedures/policies and review specifications
- Identifies and removes impediments through discussion and facilitation. Fosters transparency and open communication/collaboration among Leadership. Coordinates and facilitates the communication of system and process changes to the Support Teams and other stakeholders as needed.
- Ensures the Agile Team delivers value aligned with the corporate vision by maintaining the focus of the team, continuously monitoring team health and dynamics, motivating the team, and celebrating successes with the team
- Participate in finding and implementing technology solutions and development processes by providing requirements documentation, use cases, subject matter expertise, and design input
- Designs and disseminates information for documentation and training in relation to improved processes and system application enhancements
- Participates in special projects based on business technology needs
To be considered for this position, you must have:
- 5 years work experience in project management or comparable work
- Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills are required; expert interpersonal skills; confidence to participate in planning sessions that outline IT solutions that reach business goals
- A good understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
The most qualified candidates will also have some or all of the following:
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certifications in Scrum, Project Management, or other related certifications
- Associate level experience with relational database structures, SQL, Visio, Excel and/or MS Access skills
- Bachelors Degree preferred in Project Management, Business Admin, or related field
- Previous experience in the health insurance industry.
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association