The Accounting intern will be introduced to the fundamental aspects of Financial concepts within the health insurance field by assisting the team with projects and work related to the below concepts.
The Accounting intern will learn or enhance their abilities in the following skills sets:
- Financial Reporting - monthly close process, review of general ledger, internal/external financial reporting, board financial reporting, independent audit process
- Tax -review of federal tax provisions preparation, personal property tax, premium tax
- Financial Operations - billing and accounts receivable, governmental reporting, claim disbursement accounting
- Financial Operations Services - project work
- Cost Accounting - cost accounting process, systems utilized, review of reports produced, company support and projects
- Accounts Payable - accounts payable process
- Budget - budget process, review the budget book, review budget to actual reporting
- Investment Accounting - external investment advisor and associated accounting and private equity investments and accounting
- Leadership - roles within the organization, management style and career path
- BCBSA - review organizational structure and purpose, reporting requirements, financial regulatory and tax calls.
What you'll do:
- Assist the Finance team members with projects as needed.
- Learn and gain experience in the fundamentals of financial concepts.
- Develop communication, research and presentation skills.
To be considered, you must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active pursuit of a degree in Accounting or Finance
- Current Class Level: Junior, Senior in undergrad
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our customers and members.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska is an Independent Licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association