Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of general concepts and practices that relate to the healthcare field, and specific policies, standards, procedures and practices that pertain to the assigned function.
- Knowledge of medical insurance, CPT and ICD codes.
- Knowledge of clinic operations related to patient registration, referrals and cash collections.
- Knowledge of general office principles, practices, standards, systems and tools/equipment.
- Knowledge of medical insurance, payer contract, and basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Knowledge of the regulatory/reporting requirements that pertain to the assigned function.
- Knowledge of sources and availability of information relevant to the assigned function.
- Knowledge of the operation and application of automated systems applicable to the assigned function.
- Ability to enter data in accordance with established standards of timeliness, accuracy and productivity.
- Ability to understand and apply detailed billing requirements and insurance follow-up practices.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends, developments and changing regulatory requirements that impact matters within designated scope of responsibility.
- Ability to identify and articulate non-compliance with established guidelines and/or regulatory requirements.
- Ability to troubleshoot, understand and/or adapt moderately complex oral and or written instructions/guidelines to diverse or dissimilar situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records, and to use discretion with confidential data and sensitive information.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and critical thinking skills within the context of the assigned function, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to make decisions based on available information and within the scope of authority of the position.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including professional telephone interactions.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate in English sufficient to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency.