Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of policies, standards, procedures, processes, work flow, KPIs and regulatory/reporting requirements applicable to the assigned revenue cycle function (e.g. cash management/refunds/credits/posting, clinic customer service, claims processing and/or insurance follow-up, etc.).
- Knowledge of general concepts and practices that relate to the healthcare field, and specific policies, standards, procedures and practices that pertain to the assigned function.
- Knowledge of the regulatory/reporting requirements that pertain to the assigned revenue cycle function.
- Knowledge of standards, practices and requirements relating to employee supervision, evaluation and performance management.
- Knowledge of clinic operations as they relate to the assigned revenue cycle function.
- Knowledge of medical insurance, payer contract, CPT and ICD codes.
- Knowledge of sources and availability of information relevant to the assigned function.
- Knowledge of the operation and application of automated systems applicable to the assigned function.
- Ability to effectively oversee daily operations of the assigned revenue cycle function, identify compliance/productivity deficiencies and recommend timely corrective action.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends, developments and changing regulatory requirements that impact matters within designated scope of responsibility.
- Ability to troubleshoot, understand and/or adapt moderately complex oral and/or written instructions/guidelines to diverse or dissimilar situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records, and to use discretion with confidential data and sensitive information.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and critical thinking skills within the context of the assigned function, with a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate effective supervisory skills, including developing clear performance expectations, hiring, training/coaching/counseling, conflict management, resolving performance problems and group facilitation.
- Ability to understand financial and/or operational/productivity reports or related metrics and to recognize opportunities to increase efficiency, enhance productivity, reduce costs/expenses and/or maximize revenues.
- Ability to make decisions based on available information and within the scope of authority of the position.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as required by the duties of the position.
- Ability to use office equipment and automated systems/applications/software at an acceptable level of proficiency.