Vice President %26 Chief Medical Officer - Administration - Mercy Medical Center - Full Time
CHI Health Des Moines, IA
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Licensed to practice medicine in the State of Iowa.
- Post Graduate Management degree (MBA, MHA, or similar) preferred.
- Employed physician group experience preferred.
- A record of successful clinical practice augmented by five (5) to seven
(7) years of leadership experience preferred.
- Knowledge of the content, intent and application of regulations,
policies, standards, operations, and requirements applicable to the business
function(s) under designated scope of authority.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of strategic business planning,
program development and continuous process/performance improvement.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, managed care, including capitation and
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, JCAHO standards regarding medical
staff activities and medical staff by-laws, credentialing processes, and
- Ability to convey information effectively in verbal and written
communication, and through group/business presentations and meetings. Ability to generate optimism in fellow team
- Ability to use automated systems/applications/software and office
equipment at an acceptable level of proficiency.
- Ability to identify budget variances, compliance deficiencies and/or
systemic weaknesses and implement timely corrective action to forestall or
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, regulatory requirements and Mercy
policies applicable to budget administration, resource/expense control, employee
supervision and performance management.
- Knowledge of health care reform initiatives and legal issues pertaining
to health care.
- Knowledge of medical informatics, applied statistical techniques and
- Ability to understand financial and/or operational reports, analyze data,
identify improvement opportunities and implement effective responses. Ability to draw conclusions from data.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships as
required by the duties of the position and a philosophy of collaboration and
teamwork. Ability to create change
through influence. Strong persuasive
abilities and ability to strengthen clinical partnerships.
- Ability to strategize, develop and evaluate business plans, initiatives,
standards, budgets, and policies/procedures.
- Ability to keep abreast of trends, developments and regulatory
requirements impacting matters within designated scope of authority.
- Ability to successfully lead, manage, oversee, develop and evaluate the
work of subordinate staff and clinical credibility with physician
- Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses and other
providers in interdisciplinary team to coordinate and continuously improve
patient care. A demonstrated ability in
forging physician/management relations.
| Date Posted
November 12, 2017
| Date Closes
February 10, 2018
| Located In
Des moines, IA
| Work At
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
| SOC Category