EDUCATION\: BSN (or other bachelors degree) or an equivalent combination of
education and experience. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
EXPERIENCE\: A minimum of two years clinical experience as RN staff nurse. Telemetry experience required.
LICENSURE\: Current unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse from the State of Iowa.
CLINICAL COMPETENCY\: Able to maintain basic nursing competency in Med/Surg, ER, OB, SCU in order to offer hands on support to nursing staff.
- Documented nursing leadership experience, skills and behaviors.
- Able to manage resources and people effectively.
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Professional history of high-level clinical performance, judgment, prioritization and organization.
- Overall behavior serves as a role model for nursing and other staff.
- Understands and is able to apply the nursing process to patient care situations. Skilled in meeting the growth and development needs of infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric groups.
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological maturation processes of these patient groups.
- Functions well in emergency situations. Maintains BCLS, ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NRP certifications.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values\:
Reverence\: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.
Integrity\: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.
Compassion\: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.
Excellence\: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers