MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED\:
Bachelors Degree in Theology, Divinity, Pastoral Ministry or Spirituality or the equivalent from an accredited college, university, or recognized deaconate formation program
At least two (2) units Clinical Pastoral Education
Ecclesiastical endorsement from Bishop of the diocese or religious superiors
Meets the education requirements of the National Accreditation of Catholic Chaplains (NACC), Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), or National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC) certification preferred; eligibility for, or in active process of, certification considered
One year experience in hospital ministry or other experience in a clinical setting that would demonstrate the ability to perform the work of the position.
Proof of completion of Mandatory Reporter Abuse training specific to population served within three (3) months of hire.
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values\:Reverence\: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.Integrity\: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness.Compassion\: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.Excellence\: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines .
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers