Histocompatibility Technologist-Histocompatibility-Mercy Medical Center- FT (days/call)
CHI Health Des Moines, IA
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED\:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or in
Chemistry, Biology or related field with one-year clinical internship in a
National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science accredited Clinical
Laboratory Science program or approved alternate career path as
designated in the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988.
- Registration by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
(ASCP) or by the American Medical Technologists as a Medical Technologist
or categorical registration by either the National Credentialing Agency
for Laboratory Personnel or ASCP in one of the laboratory sciences is required.
- Minimum of 1 year full time experience in an American
Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics (ASHI) or College of American
Pathologists (CAP) accredited histocompatibility laboratory.
Histocompatibility Technologist (CHT) or Certified Histocompatibility
Specialist (CHS) from the American Board of Histocompatibility and
- Demonstrates a commitment to service, organization values and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor at all times.
- Adheres to and exhibits our core values\: Reverence\: Having a profound spirit of awe and respect for all creation, shaping relationships to self, to one another and to God and acknowledging that we hold in trust all that has been given to us.Integrity\: Moral wholeness, soundness, uprightness, honesty and sincerity as a basis of trustworthiness. Compassion\: Feeling with others, being one with others in their sorrows and joys, rooted in the sense of solidarity as members of the human community.Excellence\: Outstanding achievement, merit, virtue; continually surpassing standards to achieve/maintain quality.
- Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive data at all times.
- Adheres to organizational and department specific safety standards and guidelines.
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of team members.
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interacts effectively with physicians, patients, residents, visitors, staff and the broader health care community.
Catholic Health Initiatives and its organizations are Equal Opportunity Employers
| Date Posted
September 1, 2017
| Date Closes
November 30, 2017
| Located In
Des moines, IA
| Work At
MERCY MEDICAL CENTER
| SOC Category