The AIM Institute is an innovative not-for-profit organization that grows a strong and diverse tech community through education, career development, and outreach. AIM is seeking a Youth Academies Site Coordinator.
The AIM Youth Academies Site Coordinator assists low-income, first-generation high school participants to succeed in high school and enroll in college while learning tech skills and about tech careers that could help break the cycle of poverty in their families. Implementing the daily operations of assigned programs at partnered schools. Highly independent yet communicative to ensure the needs of the program/location are met while AIM goals are also achieved. Maintaining strong relationships with key constituents at their assigned location and representing AIM to the public.
This position is a hybrid and will require both virtual and on-site availability as instructed by your direct supervisor. There will be no set schedule for working virtually or on-site and the incumbent will need to be flexible.
Essential Job Duties:
- Work with the assigned AIM team to plan and follow all processes and policies
- Establish relationships with schools, colleges, and/or tech companies to offer services that meet their needs
- Identify, recruit, select, onboard and serve program participants or member companies
- Create marketing tactics to support the promotion of assigned programs or services.
- Recruiting and overseeing tutors, instructors, part-time personnel or volunteers to ensure they are delivering program services and meeting expectations
- Oversee participant attendance, engagement, and success in the program
- Maintain current data on each participant through rigorous documentation and record keeping
- Coordinate with faculty, feeder schools, community partners, and AIM members to recruit and select participants Support and conduct evaluations, gather data to track personal and Tech development, as well as other metrics and reporting requirements
- Design, implement, lead and oversee workshops, events, and activities presented to participants, partners, and parents with faculty, feeder schools, community partners, and AIM members. This includes curriculum
- Other services as assigned
- Remain knowledgeable regarding scholarships and financial aid sources for participants.
- Remain knowledgeable regarding state and local grant opportunities and other sources of funding for assigned programs.
- Keep up to date on Tech Careers, and best practices in motivating participants towards a tech career.
- Track and assist graduating seniors through their college experience
- Perform other duties as needed/assigned
Education and Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in psychology, counseling, educational leadership,
- Technology or a similar field required
- Proven interest (through education or experience) in tech or tech career guidance
- Minimum three years related work experience to include working with low-income, first
- generation and other at-risk populations required.
- Personal experience overcoming barriers similar to participants (low income,
- first-generation and at-risk status) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
- Experience with mentoring, tutoring, or counseling
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivational skills
- Ability to and interest in learning more about tech skills and tech careers
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with participants and others of diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with public schools and other community partners
- Proficiency in Google applications such as Google docs, Gmail, etc.
- Ability to work independently and accurately, and make decisions in accordance with established policies and procedures
The site Coordinator position has both Full and Part Time schedules and shift opportunities available, which may include the following:
- Full-Time during the School year with summer months off unpaid
- Full-time Regular employment year-round
- Papillion-LaVista High School
- Thomas Jefferson -Council Bluffs
- Bryan High School
To be considered for a position with AIM Institute all applicants MUST COMPLETE a culture index survey and answer a brief questionnaire. Please copy and paste the following links into a browser to complete.
Submit Resume to Apply