AIM Institute is a non-profit organization with a mission to grow, connect, and inspire the tech talent community through education and career development. We are seeking two part-time science tutors for students attending Bryan High and Papillion-Lavista South. Tutors work directly with the students served by AIM Institute's Upward Bound program. Services include teaching or tutoring science subject matter from 9th to 12th grade.
Essential Job Functions:
- Every Monday, collect a list of students who have a D or lower in Science classes or need help with a speci?c area in the English portion of the ACT.
- Contact each student with a D or lower in Science, and set a tutoring appointment with them that same week.
- Contact subject teachers, school counselors, or parents as needed, to ensure that each student improves their grade.
- Teach, tutor, and mentor students in Science to ensure their grade goes up.
- Teach and tutor students in any Science portion of the ACT that students may need.
- Once a month, meet with the UB Tutor team to discuss and come up with solutions to any low grades or any issues regarding tutoring attendance, achievement, etc.
- Deliver courses geared towards generating excitement for learning, as well as developing concrete academic skills in participants.
- Maintain attendance sign-in and ensure an accurate record of student attendance in Lacai. Student signatures of services rendered prove time to be paid.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Be creative in coming up with individual solutions to the root causes of the performance problems.
- Ability to understand that students will already be frustrated with their performance when they come for tutoring, so patience, kindness, and fun in learning the material will be important.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrate the motivation to work with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Possess discretion, sound judgment, and solid decision-making skills.
- Deliver engaging and age-appropriate instruction that keeps youth intellectually curious, interested, and focused.
- Be adaptable and ?exible regarding scheduling to meet programming needs
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required in either subject matter or Education.
- Teacher certi?cation
- High school teaching experience in the subject area.
- Experience working with diverse backgrounds preferred.
- Must have experience in teaching the core subject area.
Hours: Max hours 10 hours per week
Salary: $22/per hour
Locations: Bryan High – 4700 Giles Rd Omaha, Ne 68157 | Papillion-La Vista South 10799 NE-370 Papillion, NE 68046