Join Us as We Make Possibilities Happen
Every action we take as 1ACI redefines what’s possible. As Innovators, we Envision possibilities. As Developers, we Build possibilities. As Leaders, we Empower possibilities.
At ACI, we’re not just driving payments at the speed of change.
We’re Making Possibilities Happen.
Our people are the core of our business. Our 1ACI team represents a globally diverse, passionate and dedicated group of thousands of individuals around the world who share a common commitment to making our customers successful by driving the future of payments. As an Director Global Benefits in Omaha, NE, Naples, FL, Waltham, MA or Norcross, GA you can help make possibilities happen.
The Director Global Benefits will be responsible for providing leadership, strategy input and tactical/operational management of ACI’s global benefits function. The Director will have responsibility for the design, development, implementation, administration, and continuous improvement of core benefits programs globally in 40 countries. The role balances forward thinking benefits principles and flawless execution to provide the services ACI requires. The Director oversees health insurance, income protection, retirement, wellness, absence management, business travel, global mobility and other related benefit programs. The benefits team partners with Finance and the business units to develop and monitor the global benefit budget and makes recommendations in line with the budget. The Director selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Manage a team of Analysts, providing benefit support on a day to day basis, directing work and distribution of work load. Will also perform duties such as hiring/separation, training, development and coaching.
- Leads the development and execution of the global benefit strategic philosophy. Ensure it aligns with company objectives.
- Designs and manages company health care and wellness programs in a manner that educates and promotes effective health care management, wellness, and influences behavior to ensure efficient and cost-effective program design, administration, and utilization
- Remain current on industry benefits practices and changing legal issues, assessing and communicating potential impact on the business, along with providing recommendations/solutions to address any concerns.
- Oversee market research/analysis to determine or support changes in current plans/programs to remain competitive in our markets and ensure internal consistency. Analyze market trends and develop appropriate benefit strategies.
- Identify opportunities to improve on benefit programs, assess need for change, and develop proposals to request approval. Will also oversee implementation, communication and general execution of any changes.
- Oversee the administration of both domestic and global benefit plans including insurance renewals, program implementation and plan effectiveness.
- Develop strategy for the self-funded U.S. medical insurance plan to control spend while maintaining employee satisfaction.
- Oversee the administration of all company sponsored retirement plans including the U.S. 401k and all other global pension programs.
- Interfaces with key external 3rd party vendors (i.e. health providers, insurance carriers, etc.) to ensure programs are appropriately administered. Resolve issues as appropriate. Manages external vendors/consultants for: service, contracts, renewals and outsourcing.
- Create communication and project plans, along with the applicable employee and senior management communications, presentations and other various materials.
- Ensure benefit program compliance with statutory requirements for both domestic and global benefit plans including ERISA, HIPAA, GDPR, COBRA, FMLA and all other regulations that govern plan administration.
- Responsible for gathering and preparing data and/or reports (benefits or policy changes) for Board meetings, executive management.
- Improve communication/education on all benefits matters and streamline/automate administration. Drive process and systems improvements for on-going excellence and effective administration.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Understand and Adhere to all Corporate Policies to include but not limited to ACI Code of Ethics and Global Information Security.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience with at least 5 years of international benefit exposure
- A minimum of 5 years management experience
- Project management experience.
- Related certifications such as PHR, CEBS or CBP.
- Excellent research and quantitative business skills.
- Possess effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to interface and persuade all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
Benefits: In return for your expertise, we offer growth, opportunity, and a competitive compensation and benefits package in a casual work environment.
Are you ready to help us transform the world of electronic payments? To learn more about ACI Worldwide, visit our web site at www.aciworldwide.com.
ACI Worldwide is an AA/EEO employer in the United States, which includes providing equal opportunity for protected veterans and individuals with disabilities, and an EEO employer globally.