Infogroup is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. We are seeking a Jr. LAN Administrator to join our Papillion, NE office. This position is responsible for supporting, monitoring, testing, and troubleshooting problems pertaining to local area network (LAN) systems. This position is also responsible for assisting with technical solutions and coordination installation of applications.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Respond to helpdesk requests for computer assistance including questions regarding hardware, software, printers, operating systems, and other computer problems.
2. Answer questions and resolve computer problems in a timely and effective manner.
3. Handle online helpdesk tickets utilizing over-the-phone guidance or remote accessing computer.
4. Observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
5. Set up systems and equipment for users.
6. Maintain records of transactions, problems, and actions taken.
7. Escalate issues as necessary.
8. Install, configure, and support operating systems and applications.
9. Assist in the development and implementation of policies for the LAN environment.
10. Create technical documentation for new and existing systems.
11. Answer Service Desk calls and cerate support tickets.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company in an articulate, professional manner. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Strong working knowledge of the personal computer.
3. Ability to troubleshoot computer issues and find solutions.
4. Ability to multi-task and retain high level of accuracy.
5. Ability to be reliable and work independently with little supervision.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Windows Professional.
7. Must have an eye for detail and a professional attitude.
8. Organization and prioritization skills. Must be flexible and able to re-prioritize projects.
9. Must be able to apply knowledge across major functional areas to achieve the Company's strategic mission and influence results.
10. Technical and analytical proficiency. Working knowledge of information systems. Well versed in Windows operating systems.
11. Knowledge of LAN administration. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Associate's degree or equivalent is required.*
2. 1 to 2 years of related experience required.*
3. Previous customer service experience preferred.
4. CompTIA A+ certified Preferred.
We're revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and grow their businesses. Find out how you can join the movement at www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup/careers-at-infogroup. Please reference requisition number PAPL4559.
Infogroup is the leading provider of innovative business data, and marketing solutions that are proven to increase customer acquisition and retention. Our mission is to use a combination of our client's data and our business and consumer data and really smart people to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time -- for Infogroup, that's real-time. For more information, please visit www.infogroup.com.
At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Infogroup will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
|Date Posted||October 23, 2018|
|Date Closes||November 22, 2018|
|Located In||Papillion, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||15-1061.00 Database Administrators|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories