Infogroup is looking for top talent to join our fast-paced and innovative team. We are seeking a Contracts Paralegal to join our Papillion, NE office. This position is responsible for providing support to the legal department by investigating facts and preparing documents to assist in legal compliance, proceedings, and procedures. This position exercises discretion and independent judgment in the preparation of legal documents and contracts.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Prepare legal documents as directed.
2. Provide information and coordinate the resolution of potential disputes including Better Business Bureau complaints, Attorney General complaints, consumer complaints, third party subpoenas, and scheduling of depositions.
3. Gather and analyze research data on case law, regulations, and legislation relating to specific areas.
4. Assist in the management litigation cases under the supervision of in-house and outside counsel and maintain related files.
5. Monitor changes in laws and regulations and make appropriate notifications and updates.
6. Create and maintain library of standard documents, policies, and procedures.
7. Assist with the development of presentations, letters, and other materials. Coordinate daily workflow to ensure that deadlines are being met.
8. Provide assistance to lawyers in the preparation for and closing of various corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and divestitures.
9. Receive and process bankruptcy filings, UCC filings and assist with SEC filings.
10. Process legal invoices from outside counsel.
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the Company and with various business contacts outside of the Company in an articulate, professional manner.
2. Knowledge of department and Company policies, practices, and regulations.
3. Ability to quickly assess situations and provide immediate and appropriate feedback.
4. Strong working knowledge of PC software applications; specifically word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software.
5. Ability to work without supervision on highly complex projects.
6. Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload with strong attention to detail.
7. Excellent time management skills.
8. Ability to be at work on a regular and predictable basis or as scheduled.
9. Ability to exercise independent judgment and implement policies and procedures.
Education, Experience, and Certification:
1. Associate's or equivalent required.
2. 3 to 5 years of prior relevant experience is required.
3. Paralegal certification is strongly preferred.
We're revolutionizing the way companies connect with their customers and grow their businesses. Find out how you can join the movement at www.infogroup.com/about-infogroup/careers-at-infogroup. Please reference requisition number PAPL4163.
Infogroup is the leading provider of innovative business data, and marketing solutions that are proven to increase customer acquisition and retention. Our mission is to use a combination of our client's data and our business and consumer data and really smart people to deliver the right communication to the right audience at the right time -- for Infogroup, that's real-time. For more information, please visit www.infogroup.com.
At Infogroup, our employees are directly responsible for our success. We strongly believe in rewarding employees for their initiative, teamwork and leadership. Every day, we expect our employees to ask questions, demand better solutions and challenge one another to succeed. We are constantly looking for candidates who are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but also have the drive to grow professionally. We hire dynamic individuals in variety of fields such as information technology, account management and client services, sales, marketing, administration and human resources.
Affirmative Action/EEO Policy
At Infogroup, we are committed to attracting, retaining and engaging employees from all walks of life. Diversity is an important part of our values and business operations. We are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that promotes professional development for everyone. As part of that commitment, Infogroup does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or Veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In addition, Infogroup will provide reasonable accommodation for otherwise qualified disabled individuals
|Date Posted||August 24, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 23, 2017|
|Located In||Papillion, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||23-2011.00 Paralegals and Legal Assistants|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories