The University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking an
Assistant Manager, Course Materials
Under the supervision of the Business Manager, Bookstore, this position manages course materials processes from adoption through purchasing, receiving, department set-up, sales, returns, and inventory for the UNO and UNMC Bookstores. This position is also responsible for controlling the inventory in the course materials area as well as floor supervision in the course materials department and serves as the liaison to faculty, staff and vendors on academic and course related issues. This position also develops and implements marketing and promotional plans for the course materials department in conjunction with the E-Commerce Coordinator. This position is also responsible for ordering and maintaining the Medical Reference area of the UNMC Bookstore. This position also works with the faculty, or departments to order all special-order books for author signing events, or special off site events. This position is also the primary “Manager on Duty” at the UNMC bookstore, coordinating with the Business Manager to ensure proper store coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Retail Management or related area.
- Two years of a retail management experience including inventory control
- Two years of management experience in a University/College textbook department.
- Two years of supervisory experience in a retail/college store environment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of merchandise planning, knowledge of a retail management information system (preferably Nebraska Book systems) and a publisher, wholesaler and book distributor practices and experience vendor negotiations.
- Will consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary Information: $65,000/year depending on experience
For more information please contact email@example.com
To apply, please visit: https://unomaha.peopleadmin.com/postings/12379
Initial application review will begin on 02/02/2021. Applications received prior to this date will be considered. Applications received after the review date may be considered.
All interested parties must apply through the UNO Website listed in the ad. Materials submitted directly to this site will not be considered.
The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, relation, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status and/or political affiliation in its programs, activities, or employment. UNO is an AA/EEO/ADA institution. For questions, accommodations or assistance, please call/contact the ADA/504 Coordinator (phone: 402.554.3523) or the Director of Accessibility Services Center (phone: 402.554.2872). UCTEMP20
University of Nebraska at Omaha