Director of Maintenance
Covenant Transport Inc Texarkana, AR
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Execution of the corporate maintenance program primarily in the Texarkana facilities and equipment assigned to the Texarkana location.
- Responsible for leading the maintenance team at the Texarkana facility: including the maintenance shop, inspection bay, body shop and parts department.
- Responsible for checking equipment in the shops to make sure repairs are performed properly.
- Responsible for the tire inventory including new, used, and tires to be recapped. The director will issue a monthly tire inventory which has been verified as being correct.
- Regular inspections of the shop and equipment to insure that the proper equipment is available and in good operating order.
- Responsible for maintaining satisfactory cost levels as determined by management.
- Responsible for maintaining proper training for technicians.
- Responsible for ensuring that all equipment is maintained in a safe and timely fashion.
- Responsible for ensuring all DOT, OSHA and EPA regulations are properly followed and reported.
- Assignments other than those listed above made to him by the Vice President of Maintenance.
- Meet on daily basis with his Shop Management to view the performance of the shop and offer guidance in areas where improvements are needed.
- Responsible for housekeeping both in the shop and on the surrounding yard.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with drivers and other in-house employees.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a transportation shop.
- Must have a mechanical background and be knowledgeable of the proper methods of repair and maintenance of a class 8 fleet.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to make good decision in a timely manner.
- Coordinate shop schedules including vacations.
- Responsible for making sure that all company, SOX, and shop policies and procedures are followed.
| Date Posted
January 11, 2019
| Date Closes
March 12, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-3011.00 Administrative Services Managers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories