Capacity Managment Manager (Solutions)
Covenant Transport Inc Chattanooga, TN
To support Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics growth by securing committed and ad hoc transportation capacity and service coverage for existing and new customers (year round, special projects and peak) for all assigned modes. Work closely with Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics Operations to ensure timely access to capacity at cost effective rates that deliver required service levels. Manage key carrier relationships including scorecard reviews, corrective action plan management and mutual business growth. Work closely with key carrier’s operations and sales teams, as appropriate, to ensure Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics capacity, service and visibility expectations are routinely met. Act as the carrier advocate within Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics to ensure fair and equitable treatment. Manage committed capacity carrier relationships for long term business engagement and ad hoc relationships for short term needs. Help facilitate a “customer of choice” reputation for Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics within the carrier community. This position can be based in either Greeneville, TN or Chattanooga, TN.
- Oversee new carrier on boarding process including and orientation to ensure that new carriers are successful with Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics.
- Solicit and secure capacity from existing and prospective carriers (all modes and equipment types) that will consistently meet Solutions’ and Landair Contract Logistics’ customer needs.
- Establish year round committed capacity pricing and related pricing management protocols with key carriers (rate duration, renewals, escalation, etc.). Negotiate committed capacity rates and related terms and conditions. Support ad hoc pricing and rate needs as appropriate.
- Work with key carriers to mitigate unplanned accessorial charges (shipper/receiver interface, better planning, etc.) by facilitating constructive two way dialogue to identify and eliminate inefficiencies in the Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics networks.
- Ensure that carriers utilize MacroPoint or otherwise provide timely shipment status visibility for all shipments handled for Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics. Manage carrier’s accountability for 95 % or greater shipment visibility compliance.
- Work to establish a core (Preferred Asset Carrier or PAC) group of carriers as Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics “go to” carriers (for all committed business). Understand key carrier’s preferred service areas and work to ensure optimal alignment to maximize access to capacity, service and cost effectiveness. Work with Enterprise Sales to secure freight to help carriers balance their networks while optimizing their revenue position while working with Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics.
- Monitor key carrier service and capacity commitments, the latter as appropriate, and develop action plans to address and/or improver performance as required. Ensure appropriate tender acceptance targets are routinely achieved. Monitor overall carrier service performance levels and provide aggregated scorecards for same.
- Provide routine and timely carrier performance scorecards to all key carriers including but not limited to service, capacity, revenue generated, etc. Facilitate appropriate improvement actions to address performance gaps.
- Develop effective working relationships with key carrier personnel to support retention and volume growth by ensuring open and trusting relationships are established throughout the carrier’s organization. Meet with carriers on site in Chattanooga/Greeneville and at the carrier’s office to facilitate this responsibility as needed.
- Maintain timely and accurate information updates in all appropriate systems (TMS, CRM, Loadex, etc.).
- Work closely with Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics operations and pricing teams to ensure that capacity, service and rate needs are routinely met on a timely basis. Collect feedback to help drive improvement in service performance, access to capacity and customer service levels
- Manage all related carrier contract agreements to ensure, but not limited to, accurate records, accurate conveyance of rate and term information and proactive agreement renewals.
- Work with Freight Claims to help resolve claims disputes as required. Leverage carrier relationships as appropriate. Ensure fair treatment of carriers in regards to claims resolution.
- Continuously analyze the Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics networks to improve carrier efficiency and effectiveness along with carrier performance levels. Initiate and follow up to completion related plans to address identified opportunities.
- Utilize available tools (including database sources) to support the execution of assigned duties.
- Facilitate delivery of the Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics carrier value proposition to carriers.
- Manage carrier compliance related activity to ensure carriers meet Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics requirements. Stay current on regulatory changes that may impact Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics and provide proactive recommendations on how to best address pending regulatory changes.
- Engage transportation industry organizations, publications and attend industry conferences to understand challenges, trends and regulatory changes to ensure Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics carrier management strategies and processes reflect “best in class” practices.
- Network with industry peers to drive collaboration and best practice sharing that could benefit the Solutions and Landair Contract Logistics networks and the industry as a whole
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5-10 Years Brokerage or Transportation Procurement Experience Preferred
- Associates or 4 Year Degree Preferred
- Familiar with Multiple Modes of Transportation (Reefer/Van OTR TL, LTL, Intermodal, etc.)
- Motivated Self Starter Requiring Minimal Direction
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal) Skills
- Good Organizational Skills
- Strong Attention to Detail and Follow Through
- Ability to Work Well as Part of a Team
- Good Computer Skills (can quickly learn new systems, can utilize system features, diversity of systems, etc.)
- Ability to Prioritize Workload and Meet Deadlines
- Willingness to Work Evenings, Weekends and Holidays if Required
- Multi-Lingual Preferred (Spanish, Russian, Languages of India, etc.)
• Competitive salary
• Generous incentive plan
• Comprehensive benefits package including 401(k) match
• Advancement opportunity
• Casual dress
Please submit resume to Lori Hyde firstname.lastname@example.org
| Date Posted
November 16, 2018
| Date Closes
January 15, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-3071.01 Transportation Managers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories