Training and Development supervisor
Covenant Transport Inc Chattanooga, TN
- To oversee and conduct driver orientation in accordance with Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) and Covenant Transport policy to ensure quick and efficient processing of drivers to fill empty Covenant Transport trucks. To oversee driver training and development.
- Manage 4 orientation sites and staff. Which include 2 classes in Chattanooga, 1 class in Hutchins, TX, 1 site in Pomona, CA, and 1 class in Allentown, PA. (subject to change) Visit motel and restaurant facilities to insure quality.
- Manage expenses for all 3 orientation sites
- Manage expenses for Covenant Transport Motel facility
- Set up any future orientation sites.
- Work with vendors to insure drivers have quality food and a good place to sleep.
- Assists and train instructors on rules and regulations.
- Oversee daily operations with personnel issues, training, and motivating staff to meet goals.
- Review and validate all motel and restaurant expenses.
- On call 24/7
- Assist motel manager on purchasing and managing the motel.
- Visit motel and restaurant facilities to insure quality.
- Manage 4 orientation sites. Which include 2 classes in Chattanooga, 1 class in Hutchins, TX, 1 site in Pomona, CA, and 1 class in Allentown, PA. (subject to change)
- Fill in for outside orientation sites when employees take vacation
- Set up motel and restaurant accounts
- Manage the training and development staff.
- Manage the training for all professional drivers.
- Manage the development of new training for all professional drivers.
- Additional duties as required.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (preferred specialty in transportation and/or management); An Associate’s degree coupled with extensive experience may be acceptable.
- industrial-organizational psychology degree preferred.
- Prefer at least 5 years in the trucking industry.
- Significant teaching and training experience required.
- Teaching and training experience with tractor trailers strongly preferred
- Strong Proficiency in Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and Web-based software programs
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Effective personal skills
- Take-charge, solutions-minded, results oriented personality required
- Safe driving record
- In depth understanding of general safety needs and regulations preferred
- Public speaking skills required
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects at one time
| Date Posted
November 5, 2018
| Date Closes
January 4, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
11-3042.00 Training and Development Managers
This job is related other jobs in these career categories