Senior Payroll Coordinator
Covenant Transport Inc Chattanooga, TN
The Senior Payroll Coordinator works as a member of the Payroll team and assists in processing weekly payroll for drivers. Pay trips for a designated fleet, resolve “errors” before the end of the payroll period and answer payroll questions for a designated fleet.
- Audit and pay driver trips.
- Answer driver questions regarding payroll, bonuses, incentives, rate of pay, etc.
- Make payroll corrections, as needed.
- Work with other departments regarding driver payroll problems.
- Research payroll problems.
- Develop reports as needed
- Answers phone calls from drivers 4-5 days per week
- Works with Fleet Teams in Operations to ensure drivers are paid correctly
- Assists with weekly payroll reports that must be completed prior to processing
- May assist in processing owner operator payroll
- May assist with final checks before mailing
- All other duties as required
- Assist drivers at the payroll window.
- Assist other payroll employees with tasks as needed.
- Cross-train with other payroll employees to be able to assist with all daily functions of the payroll department.
- Train new employees.
- Required: High School Diploma; 2 year degree a plus.
- Minimum: 5-7 years experience working in payroll department.
- Required: 5-7 years Customer Service experience
- Good math and accounting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills-(verbal, electronically, written)
- Must be accurate, detail oriented, and organized.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Must have basic knowledge of Power Point, Excel, Word, E-mail and Web based programs.
- Transportation Industry experience and knowledge strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with office equipment (computer, adding machine, fax, copier, and telephone.)
- Ability to sit and work at the computer.
- Telephone skills-(multi-line, etiquette, tact, manner, friendliness)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Must have worked in an area requiring confidentiality.
- Must have experience working with and on teams.
- Must be able to get along with others
- Payroll/Accounting software knowledge a plus.
- Must have an excellent attendance record in prior jobs.
| Date Posted
October 29, 2018
| Date Closes
December 28, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| SOC Category
13-1072.00 Compensation, Benefits, and Job Analysis Specialists
This job is related other jobs in these career categories