Childrens Hospital at Erlanger and The University of Tennessee College of Medicine are accepting applications for a Neonatologist in Chattanooga, TN. The position requires a board certified or board eligible physician with exceptional clinical skills who is also committed to joining a growing, multi-disciplinary team within our pediatric department.
The Highest Level of Care for the Region's Smallest Patients
Children's Hospital at Erlanger is home to the region's only Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit the highest level of care available for critically ill newborns. Childrens Hospital at Erlanger is one of four Comprehensive Regional Pediatric Centers in the state of Tennessee -- we are a regional NICU with comprehensive services to treat all medical and surgical problems of newborns.
Education, Training, & Experience
- MD or DO degree
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Neonatology
- Ability to obtain an active medical license in the state of Tennessee
Neonatology Program Overview
- Newly updated, 58-bed NICU providing around-the-clock Level IV neonatal care
- Care by Parent room lets parents care for their child with peace of mind, knowing that the childs vital signs are being monitored at the nursing station
- Perform state-of-the-art neonatal procedures including intubation, umbilical arterial and venous catheter placement, percutaneous intravenous catheter placement, lumbar puncture, thoracentesis, peripheral arterial line placement
- The regions only NICU which provides air as well as ground emergency transport from other area hospitals with a dedicated transport team consisting of an NICU registered nurse, a respiratory therapist and a neonatal nurse practitioner
- Over 1000 NICU admissions & 5,500 births per year
- 15 shifts per month with nights divided equally
- Outpatient clinical responsibilities
- Academic appointments available
Benefits of Working at Erlanger Health System
- Excellent Compensation & Benefits Package
- Sign-On Bonus & Relocation Available
- Malpractice Coverage Provided
- Clinical Research Opportunities Available
- Teaching Affiliation- UT College of Medicine
- Clinical Affiliation- Vanderbilt University
- 10 Residency Programs & 10 Fellowship Programs
- Largest Employed Medical Group in Chattanooga
- NO State Income Tax and Low Cost of Living
- 100 miles to Atlanta, 130 miles to Nashville
Erlanger Health System World Class
The Erlanger Health System is a multi-hospital system with six hospitals based in Chattanooga, and is the tristate regions only Level I Trauma Center, providing the highest level of trauma care for adults. Erlanger also serves as the regions only academic teaching hospital, affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine Chattanooga. With a history that dates back more than a century, Erlanger is the 7th largest public hospital in the U.S., and recognized as one of the nations finest public hospitals and a leader in healthcare.
Chattanooga The Scenic City
Chattanooga, the 4th largest city in the state, a top 25 place to visit in 2018, is located in Southeast Tennessee near the border of Georgia. The city has received national recognition for the renaissance of its beautiful downtown and redevelopment of its riverfront. Most striking, though, is the city's civic life. A phrase that comes up constantly is The Chattanooga Way: a reference to a cooperative get-it-done attitude.
With its scenic beauty, stable population and economy, civic vitality and cross-sector partnerships, fiscal integrity, and strategic location, Chattanooga enters the 21st century as one of the most progressive and livable mid-size cities in the US. Attractions such as the Tennessee Aquarium, Lookout Mountain, Civil War battlefield sites, the Hunter Art Museum, and the Appalachian Trail bring thousands of people to the area, as do the many creative multicultural events throughout the year.
This is an exceptional program with growth opportunity in an attractive setting. Please send CV to Nicholas Benton, Physician Recruitment & Operations.