Job Summary: Provides medical leadership for the Department by assisting in the planning, development and implementation of program goals and operations, as outlined in contract. Assures compliance with all The Joint Commission and other regulatory agency guidelines. Assist with the strategic plans of the organization for growth and development of the department. Attends at least 75% of quarterly medical staff meetings; attends any meeting as directed by medical director or his/her designee.
This position is involved in a team-based approach to care. Team members are trained to meet the highest level of function for their role as per the State of Tennessee/Georgia guidelines. Is trained and assigned (as per their role and responsibilities) to coordinate care for patients and is trained and assigned to support patients/families/caregivers in self-management, self-efficacy and behavior change. Is trained and assigned (as per their role and responsibilities) to manage the practicesï¿½ patient population. Participates in the practiceï¿½s quality improvement process and performance evaluation.
Education: M.D. or D.O. degree. Completion of an approved residency and, if applicable, fellowship program.
Licensure: Tennessee license required. Georgia license required if working at an EHS Georgia facility.
Certification: Board Certification in practice specialty.
1. Represent Adult Cardiology Department as a Cardiologist and work
to assure that the quality of care delivered is appropriate.
2. Establish in writing and implement measures to achieve the goals
of the Product Line.
3. Assist in the development of strategic plans for the growth of the
programs and within Adult Cardiology Practice.
4. Participates in the monthly chart review process for the Nurse
Practitioner and the annual review of nurse practitioner protocols
5. Perform such other duties as reasonably requested by Erlanger or
otherwise necessary to properly assist in the operations of
6. Assures compliance with all The Joint Commission and other
applicable regulatory agency guidelines.
7. Meets timeliness goals: In the practice providing care to outpatients,
or providing care in other areas as assigned and as scheduled.
When on call, arrives within appropriate amount of time.
8. Meets or exceeds productivity goals as defined in contract.
9. Attends at least 75% of quarterly medical staff meetings; attends any
meeting as directed by medical director or his/her designee.
Mission: To improve the health of people we touch
Vision: To be recognized locally, regionally and nationally as a premier health system
R.E.S.P.E.C.T.: We will fulfill the mission and vision by adhering to the Standards of R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
|Date Posted||June 14, 2018|
|Date Closes||September 12, 2018|
|Located In||Chattanooga, TN|