Job Summary: The Physician Leadership role co-reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer and the Senior Vice-President of Physicians Services of Erlanger Health System. As the leader of the service line, this individual will provide vision and leadership for all employed and private physicians within the Womenï¿½s Health Center of Excellence. This includes day to day oversight of the clinical programs including the role of medical director for both the Baroness and East campuses. As a full time employed physician this position shall perform administrative and medical duties as assigned by Erlanger Health system within the Womenï¿½s Health Service Line scope of practice. The physician will cooperatively work with the Chief Medical Officer in developing clinical guidelines acceptable to Erlanger Health System. This position assures compliance with all JCAHO and other regulatory agency guidelines for clinical aspects the service line in conjunction with the Clinical and Business Service Line Administrators. Perform any and all other duties as outlined in employment contract or as assigned. Attends at least 75% of quarterly medical staff meetings; attends any meeting as directed by medical director or his/her designee
Education: M.D. or D.O. degree in a Womenï¿½s Health specialty. Completion of an approved residency and, if applicable, fellowship program.
Licensure: Licensed to practice in the State of Tennessee or Licensed eligible in Tennessee.
Certification: Board Certification.
1. Oversees the employed and private practitioners who practice within the Womenï¿½s Health Service line and are credentialed at Erlanger Health System
2. Effectively communicates with the OB GYN community
3. Appropriately and effectively navigates amongst all sectors of womenï¿½s care providers ï¿½ generalists and subspecialists
4. Works closely with the service line administrators to build upon and develop the current vision of the service line
5. Works closely with the planning team on the design of the new Childrenï¿½s and Womenï¿½s Hospital
6. Attends all required meetings ï¿½ service line specific and health system
7. Sets the direction for the service line and executes on this plan
8. Leads monthly collaborative meetings with physicians and nurses
9. Focuses on evidence based practice and is the final authority on clinical practices disputes ï¿½ including leading a clinical quality improvement committee on a monthly basis
10. Strengths physician involvement in strategic decisions and improves physician alignment and satisfaction within the institution
11. Attends at least 75% of quarterly medical staff meetings; attends any meeting as directed by medical director or his/her designee.