Erlanger Health System is seeking an impressive Acute Care Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our World-Class Hospitalist team! Advanced Practitioners with a passion for hospital medicine and equally impressive clinical competence should apply. Applicants with current or previous experience working independently in a healthcare setting are highly preferable. Additionally, this position requires Acute Care Certification for Nurse Practitioners.
As the regions only Level 1 trauma, referral, and tertiary care center for Southeast Tennessee, Northwest Georgia, Western North Carolina & Northern Alabama, our 550 bed facility, and 78 bed ICU allows for a challenging and financially rewarding career.
Education, Training, & Experience
- Master degree in Nursing (MSN) or Physician Assistant (PA) from an nationally accredited program
- National certification as an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (ACNP-BC) or an Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP-BC) or Physician Assistant (PA)
- 3 years of previous experience working independently in a healthcare setting is highly preferable
- Board Certified
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
- Unencumbered DEA
Hospitalist Program Overview
- 7on/7off, 12 hour shifts, average 15 shifts per month
- Hours 7am - 7pm (days), 10am - 10pm (mids), & 7pm - 7am (nights)
- Current group of 30+ physicians & 8 advanced practice providers
- 2 physicians and 1 advanced practice provider on each night
- 24 hour in house critical care support and coverage
- Outreach opportunities available at our North and East campuses, located 15 minutes away
Benefits of Working at Erlanger Health System
- Excellent compensation and benefits package
- 22 Days of Paid Annual Leave and 5 Days CME per year
- Malpractice Coverage
- Erlanger is the only Level I Trauma Center in a 100 mile radius.
- Erlanger is a teaching hospital and is affiliated with UTCOM Chattanooga.
- Erlanger/UT Chattanooga offers 10 residency programs. Currently employ 250+ physicians and is growing each year.
- Chattanooga has a thriving economy with a low cost of living and NO TN state income tax.
- 100 miles to Atlanta, 130 miles to Nashville
Erlanger Health System Dramatically Different
Erlanger is a non-profit, academic teaching center affiliated with the University of Tennessee College of Medicine. Erlanger is also a Level-One Trauma Center for adults and the only provider of tertiary care services for the citizens of an entire four-state region, encompassing southeast Tennessee, north Georgia, north Alabama and western North Carolina. With a history that dates back more than a century, Erlanger is the 7th largest public hospital in the U.S., and recognized as one of the nations finest public hospitals and a leader in healthcare.Interested Candidates should contact: Nicholas Benton, Physician Recruiter, Nicholas.Benton@erlanger.org
|Date Posted||August 10, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 8, 2017|
|Located In||Chattanooga, TN|