Assistant Branch Manager (Omaha)
Bank of the West Omaha, NE
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for fostering growth of relationships with the Bank. Develops new loan/deposits business and expands existing account relationships. Coordinate sales activities in the branch. Works to achieve the mission of the Bank. Officer-in-Charge in the Branch Manager's absence.
- Leads the sales effort in the branch. Implement promotional campaigns and product initiatives.
- Sells Bank products and provides superior customer service. Manages more complex sales transactions. Cross sells products and services, including mortgage loans.
- Supports the Branch Manager in performing human resources activities related to sales staff, including hiring, coaching, performance management, pay and employee terminations.
- Leads Relationship Banker team member performance by establishing annual performance targets, providing direction and support through activity based coaching and skill development. Leads sales meetings. Provides training on bank products and sales/service issues.
- Ensures that the branch staff meet all regulatory compliance standards. Follows all operating policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Requires practical knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Requires 3 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Field of Experience
- Complete knowledge of sales, branch banking and consumer lending
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).
| Date Posted
July 3, 2018
| Date Closes
August 2, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Salary, Based on Experience, Sales Commission
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-3031.02 Financial Managers, Branch or Department
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Dependent-Care Spending Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health-Care Spending Accounts
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Group Legal
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability
- Maternity / Paternity / Family Leave
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Continuing Education Program
- Discounts on Employer Merchandise & Services
- Donation Matching Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Achievement Awards
- Merit Increases
This job requires the following skills
- Bank Auditing
- Bank Deposit Products
- Bank Lending
- Bank Teller
- Customer Service
- Personal Banking
- Retail Banking
- S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act
- Retail Sales
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position