What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Responsible for sourcing and originating first mortgage loans through traveling to, and building relationships with, realtors and home construction companies. Also responsible for cross-selling bank products and works to build the Bank’s image and multiple customer relationships.
Essential Job Functions
1. Sources and obtains first mortgage inquiries from existing customer base, bank referrals, and external business sources using targeted marketing and/or advertising efforts.
2. Conducts presentations at branches, real estate office sales meetings, homebuyer's seminary or any other venue to solicit first mortgage business. Advises new and existing customers on various loan programs based on the customers' financial needs.
3. Interviews applicants to develop information concerning their needs, desires, and earnings to assist in determining whether the loan will be an acceptable risk to the Bank. Negotiates terms and conditions of loans with applicants.
4. Obtains and analyzes pertinent financial and credit data. Analyzes current rates and loan programs and provides accurate and timely information to customers.
5. Manages pipeline to ensure service standards and financial goals are met.
6. Transacts business in conformance with state and federal regulations such as, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, and Fair Lending Practices
7. Acts as liaison with borrowers/customers, other bank employees, outside entities (realtors, title and escrow officers, etc.) as well as other division staff, to facilitate a prompt, efficient closing of each loan.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
|Date Posted||August 31, 2017|
|Date Closes||September 30, 2017|
|Address||1330 E. 23rd|
|Located In||Fremont, NE|
|Department||Consumer Real Estate Services|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Experience Level||Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)|
|SOC Category||13-2072.00 Loan Officers|
|Travel||Yes - 25|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories