What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
Responsible for the sales/service activities, marketing plan, operating budget, profitability and operational integrity of the branch. Provides overall leadership for the branch. Understands, communicates and works to achieve the mission of the Bank. Level assignment is based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to: scope and complexity of responsibility, market area, size of office, experience and expertise of manager.
1. Ensures that the branch sales/service supports the overall corporate objective to provide superior service. Participates in selling Bank products and providing excellent customer service.
2. Plans, implements, and manages the operating and capital budgets to maximize branch profitability.
3. Ensures that the branch meets all regulatory compliance standards. Follows all operating policies and procedures. Ensures branch personnel comply with all laws and regulations. Documents and communicates individual compliance performance in annual staff evaluations.
4. Directs branch business development through outside calls, in-branch selling, telemarketing, branch campaigns, and targeted direct mailing. Develops and manages an annual branch marketing plan with specific goals.
5. Ensures expansion of customer relationships through branch cross-selling activities.
6. Manages the branch portfolio for optimum performance.
7. Promotes staff development through training, cross-training, and career planning. Trains staff in the area of customer service, sales, operations, and Bank products. Ensures that ongoing sales and product service training is provided.
8. Oversees and administers all branch human resource issues.
9. Participates in events that demonstrate support for the community and increase business opportunities for the Bank. Ensures compliance with CRA outreach programs.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to eight years banking experience; Five years lending experience including commercial, consumer and real estate (depending upon branch)
Field of Experience
- Complete knowledge of sales, branch banking and consumer lending
- Working knowledge of the Bank’s products (i.e., deposits, cash management, loans and other fee income generating products).