The Lund Company, the area’s #1 Residential Property Management Company, is currently seeking a Director of Residential Property Management. The Lund Company is a progressive company that pays well, has excellent benefits, provides training and most of all... we have FUN!
The Lund Company is a rapidly growing organization that is passionate about its mission, its culture and its people. We’re looking for that passion in you.
Be proactively involved in areas such as bench marking, quality control, client relations, new business development, emergency planning (and disaster recovery) plans, operating expense reduction, tenant surveys, property inspection programs, authorized vendor list, and operations manual.
- Uphold the Company Vision and Values.
- Consistently follow all company guidelines and policies.
- Maintain positive working relationships with property owners/partners and/or asset managers at all times.
- Maximize property performance by training, evaluating, motivating and mentoring staff members.
- Approve purchases within delegation and budget guidelines.
- Working with Human Resources, appropriately hire, train and exit staff as necessary
- Oversee the annual budget process for the assigned residential portfolio.
- Create, and analyze profit and loss statements regarding the assigned residential portfolio.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge and provide recommendations on a strategic level for the department.
- Bachelors Degree in related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of successful and progressive experience.
- Experience must include successfully managing multiple residential properties.
- Must have experience in managing people both onsite and off-site.
- Proven Sales and Marketing experience
- Successful and proven experience creating and working within budgets
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation required
- This position is responsible for directly and indirectly managing 25+ people, including regional managers, on-site managers, maintenance employees, leasing employees and outside vendors at each property.
KSA’s (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Knowledge and applicable understanding of Fair Housing rules and regulations.
- Knowledge and applicable understanding of Landlord/tenant laws.
- Ability to think and act strategically when dealing with business decisions and new business ventures.
- Ability to receive and respond to after hours calls.
- Basic knowledge of general maintenance, repair and heating, ventilation and air conditioning.
- Expert level knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook (email), database activity and other general computer knowledge.
- Applies and improves extensive or in-depth specialized knowledge, skills and judgment to accomplish a result successfully.
- As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together.
- The ability to convey confidence in employees' ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority; allowing employees freedom to decide how they will accomplish their goals and resolve issues.
- The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change; helping others to successfully manage organizational change.
- The ability to take responsibility for one's own or one's employees' performance, by setting clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations and interactions with others.
- The ability to express oneself clearly in business writing.
- The ability to plan and deliver oral and written communications that make an impact and persuade their intended audiences.
- Normal office environment with good lighting, temperature and air conditions. This position requires sitting for long periods, walking all assigned properties (stairs, hills, etc…), must be able to lift and move 25lbs and frequent grasping and reaching.
The Lund Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we seek to create an inclusive work place that embraces diverse backgrounds, life experiences and perspectives. The Lund Company shows commitment to the men and women who have served in the United States Armed Forces by providing meaningful, challenging career opportunities where military skills and experience may be applied.