Looking for your chance to make a real impact?
Firespring, one of the largest marketing communications firms in the Midwest, is looking for our next amazing human to join our team. We’re known for providing marketing, printing, websites and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. Our clients and partners count on us as a force in our areas of expertise to help them do more good.
See if this position sounds like your dream job. We can’t wait to find out if it could be you.
As a company, we pack a carefully crafted arsenal of warm greetings, kind words and helping hands to every client that calls or stops by. As a member of the Reception team, you are at the front lines of this "attack.” Being where the action is, aka the lobby and adjacent areas, you'll get to know our team members and the regulars pretty well.
If you're a warrior of welcoming, strap on your boots and read on.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- You'll be the first voice or face our incoming clients and guests encounter. (You know what they say about first impressions, right?) A friendly demeanor is your uniform every day.
- If we're doing our jobs, the phones, mailboxes and voicemails will be buzzing. If you're doing yours, calls, mail and messages will be properly routed to keep things running smoothly.
- Keep tabs on our clients. We're not talking about sneaking around and hiding in trees—just updating client records in our internal systems. See? Not so stalker-y.
- Educate yourself. The more you understand our Firespring products and services, the better you'll be able to accommodate our clients' needs.
- A little bit of this, and a little bit of that. We like flexibility around these parts, so be ready to complete whatever task our team needs in a quick and quality way.
- We value time. Yours and ours! Arriving on time and filling the day with productive work is of the utmost importance.
- Our crew loves to take initiative, and we expect you to do the same. When you have a recommendation or suggestion for how we can improve, let us hear it.
- We love to laugh, smile and enjoy our work. Your positive attitude should contribute to this environment.
- We like organized people—the types that can manage time and coordinate work without a sweat.
- Effective communication is imperative, so you should pack a full bag of verbal and written communication tools.
- Our culture celebrates computer geeks, so experience with Salesforce and web browsers is a bonus to join this pack.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hours—Full time. Either 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Pay—You don’t need to go to the grocery store to bring home the bacon. We reward candidates who wow us by offering competitive hourly pay.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it. That’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room and a group of people dedicated to creating activities and fun inside and outside the office. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun—and it reflects in our work too.
- Giving back—When your employer makes it possible for you to give back to your community on the clock? Win for everyone. Every Firespring team member gets one paid day off each month to give back to the community in any way they’d like.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all benefits are about the Benjamins, baby. Some of the things you’ll enjoy while working here include unlimited soft drinks, tea and beer. And don’t worry about your duds—business-casual is the dress code here. Still looking to make your cubicle-shackled friends jealous of your new gig? Our company-wide social and recreational activities are sure to do just that.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.
We'll be in touch.