Looking for a new gig? Well, you’re in luck.
Firespring, one of Nebraska’s fastest-growing companies, is looking for a rock star to join our crew. In corporate speak, we provide printing, marketing, software and strategic guidance to thousands of brands, businesses and nonprofits. But nobody gets excited about corporate speak, so here’s the real scoop.
- Firespring only hires passionate, ambitious people—the type who “bring it” every day, have each other’s back and truly give a shit.
- Inc. Magazine named us one of 50 honorees nationwide for their inaugural Best Workplaces Award in 2016.
- Firespring received the 2018 Community Impact Award, which honors companies that go above and beyond through philanthropy and volunteering.
- In 2014, we became the first Certified B Corporation in Nebraska, joining 2,000+ companies leading a global movement to redefine success in business.
- Our B Corp status cements our core purpose of leveraging our people, products and profit to do more good.
That’s the skinny on who we are. Now we want to tell you about who we’re looking for.
- Code and Integrate HTML/CSS/JS for custom designs on CMS
- Maintain existing web designs
- Report design QA issues
- Project time estimations
- Code HTML/CSS to complete small coding projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic understanding of versioning tools, such as Git
- Basic understanding of CSS pre-processors, such as SASS
- Basic knowledge of Sketch and Invision
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of templating language such as Twig is a plus
- Experience with a task runner, like Grunt or Gulp is a plus
- 1-2 years experience in web development required, no formal degree necessary
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary—We reward exceptional candidates with competitive pay.
- Vacation—We work hard. We play hard. Paid holidays are a no brainer, but how does unlimited, paid vacation sound? Too good to be true? It’s not. Salaried employees of Firespring are encouraged to take what they need when it comes to vacation and sick time.
- 401(k)—Your parents preached about the importance of saving. Now we’re helping you get it done. Firespring provides professional financial advisors who will help you make a plan and guide your investments.
- Fun—Millions of people go to work, punch the clock from 8 to 5 and hate every moment of it—that’s not the case here. We have an indoor slide, a game room that includes shuffleboard, a pool table, a foosball table, a Ping Pong table and more. To put it mildly, we’re serious about having fun.
- Miscellaneous Benefits—Not all Firespring benefits will show up in the form of a direct deposit. In fact, the “less serious” benefits are a few of our favorites. In addition to immediate access to Firespring’s group health insurance plan, business-casual dress code and an onslaught of social and recreational activities that will make your cubicle-shackled friends weep with envy.
Ready to come aboard?
Please include a cover letter. Resumes without one won't be considered. Be sure to include examples of sites or projects you’ve worked on. We’d love to nose around in your CodePen.
While we genuinely appreciate your interest in employment with Firespring, we can only respond to the most qualified candidates.
Firespring is an EEO/AA employer.