The Field Service Technician repairs machines to the customer's satisfaction in the field, shop or customers location. Removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analyses of all CLAAS equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, electronic and computer applications, heating and air conditioning (HVAC).
- Troubleshoots and repairs customer machines at customer jobsites.
- Uses SIS to order parts, troubleshoot machine systems and research problems.
- Machinery Inspection
- Machinery Set-Up and Adjustment
- Uses laptop to enter labor, fill out service reports, and complete warranty reports.
- Uses service manuals and parts books to look up specs and parts for repairs.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Note: This position includes frequent travel by auto; valid driver's license with a verifiably safe driving history is required. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work.