Company: CLAAS of America Inc.
Location: Omaha / Field
Start Date: 10/03/2022
Professional Level: Professionals
Key Area: Product Management
WORK FOR AN INDUSTRY LEADER! FEED THE WORLD. FUEL YOUR CAREER!
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
CLAAS of America is located in the heart of the Midwests corn and wheat belts in Omaha. We have people throughout North America as well as Columbus, Indiana, where we have our parts distribution center. As a team, we stand for the successful sales and service of the CLAAS product range in North America. Together with our sales partners, we offer local expertise enabling farmers to be the best in their fields.
Your role on our team:
The Product Manager-Tractor (PM) supports tractor product development for CLAAS in the North American (NA) Market. This position provides technical and feature knowledge of tractor products to various audiences. PM performs comparisons to competitive equipment and develops demonstration and training guidelines of CLAAS equipment. Additionally, the position provides product information and promotes the development of the CLAAS Brand to customers, dealers, and other CLAAS employees.
- Gathers market intelligence and product requests to formalize List of Demands (LOD) and communicate to Group.
- Analyzes and formulates competitive pricing and feature comparisons.
- Manages product development planning and feature/price positioning.
- Conducts product systems maintenance; i.e. configurator, SAP-bundling, price books, and models.
- Manages product portfolio and segment strategies.
- Analyzes and supports the introduction of new models.
- Represents NA market view at cross company functions.
- Coordinates between BUSS-PM and CLAAS production company PM.
- Establishes product training development and Train the Trainer lead for product segment, in collaboration with NA Academy.
- Conducts market focus group discussions to understand evolving market demands.
- Documents the CLAAS product market development and competitive product development.
Note: This position includes 25-35% domestic and international travel by auto and air; valid driver's license with an acceptable driving history & passport is required.
- Bachelors' degree in Ag Business, Ag Engineering or closely related field preferred, not required, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years' related tractor industry experience, preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience leading exempt level employees, including training and staff development; Ability to give employee feedback in verbal and written form succinctly and timely, preferred.
- Must have field experience with agriculture equipment.
- Ability to read engineering specifications, a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Agriculture background, highly desirable.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.
- German language skills a plus, not required.
Full Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Premium free health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and long-term disability;
- Competitive paid time off;
- 401(k) with a generous company match;
- Retirement Readiness Program;
- Company-Paid Life Insurance;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Dependent Care Resources Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health;
- Wellness Programs including weight loss, diabetes management, and high blood pressure management;
- Legal & Financial Services;
- Fun & Safe Environment
We look forward to your application.
Your contact from our CLAAS Recruiting Team
CLAAS of America Inc.
Here you can gain exciting insights into the international working world of our family-owned company:
Instagram | LinkedIn