Work and grow with an industry leader!
The Network & Systems Technician installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. The position coordinates and consults with a wide variety of other IT resources to resolve user problems or to meet special needs; provides direction, support, and training to end users to support their software, networks, and hardware including mobile devices.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Supports Information Technology needs across North America, including deployment of computers, mobile devices and training.
- Coordinates with CLAAS German Headquarters and other IT resources to resolve user problems.
- Completed inbound and outbound logistics of computing equipment.
- Supports asset management solutions.
- Upholds Security and Confidentiality procedures.
- Provides Direct and professional interaction with end users and outside customers (In Person, by Phone, By Email).
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies, and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Supports Network components, like Firewall, Switches, Wireless systems, Telephone, and Printers.
- Administers Avaya S8400 telephone system and its components.
- Supports Server environments like Microsoft Server 2008/2008r2.
- Supports Microsoft SCCM, SAP, and Outlook.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience preferably in an industrial environment.
- Excellent knowledge of standard desktop and laptop systems
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, VMware and Microsoft servers.
- Creative and systematic technical problem solving skills.
- Highly service-oriented mindset and internal customer orientation.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.