Do you have a CDL or know of someone that has a CDL? Gerhold Concrete is hiring drivers at all locations in Nebraska.
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites. On an as needed basis, serve as a relief batchperson.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
- Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
- Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
- Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
- Batches concrete load according to specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Prints out invoice tickets on each truck/load and files. Gives copy of invoice to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing parts, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, removing jam-ups, and welding.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching & Quality Control Software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Other duties may be assigned
Must be 18 years in age or older.
Must have a Class A or Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing.