Supervises, coordinates, and actively participates in maintenance repairs performed by employees within the maintenance department. Individual is responsible for performing and maintaining positive employee relations and proper use of PPE pertaining to those tasks. Primary responsibilities also include maintaining OSHA, EPA, and the Department of Roads regulations pertaining to production and delivery equipment, and the safety of all employees under their supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with Supervisor, Division Manager and Plant Manager on issues affecting equipment maintenance, personnel, and safety
- Works with Supervisor, Division Manager and Plant Manger to develop Cap Ex list and complete approved projects within budget and safety restrictions
- Maintains and reports weekly project list and crew placement to Supervisor and Division Manager
- Works with Supervisor and Division Manager to develop and manage a maintenance budget for production equipment
- Works with Supervisor and Division Manager to maintain compliance with Storm Water Run Off plan
- Develops quotes for Supervisor and Division Manager on special repair and replacement projects for production plants and production related equipment
- Works with Supervisor and Division Manager to address safety concerns and employee relations issues within the maintenance department
- Prepares and processes Purchase Orders and merchandise invoices used by the maintenance department in a timely manner to utilize purchase price discounts
- Develops and maintains preventative plan maintenance programs for production related equipment and facilities utilizing assistance from their maintenance team, LRC Purchasing Manager, Supervisor and Division Manager
- Maintains and assigns project schedules for maintenance personnel
- Processes weekly maintenance personnel payroll and payroll notice forms
- Reviews and approves the processing of purchase orders, fuel consumption, equipment maintenance, and mileage sheets within the maintenance department
- Oversees and maintains appropriate plant and equipment repair parts inventory levels
- Communicates with the General Manager and Human Resources Department on issues affection employee hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination when appropriate.
- Reviews the efficiency of project completion including employee hours, fuel and utility usage, and all related equipment rental expenses.
- Conducts maintenance department employee evaluations
- Works with Supervisor and Division, Area, and Plant Managers including production personnel to establish timing of scheduled production plant maintenance. This should be conducted in accordance to factors such as production schedules, available personnel for repair, and availability of parts and equipment required for the repair
- Works with Quality Control Manager and Plant Manager to schedule and perform annual plant and equipment certifications
- Works with Supervisor and Division Manager to schedule maintenance personnel update training and certifications
- Coordinate with the LRC Purchasing Manager, Supervisor, and Division Manager to ensure repair parts for production plants, production equipment, and delivery equipment meet approved specifications.
- Works with Safety Department to correct safety and maintenance deficiencies
- Ensures that equipment and facilities are in compliance with LRC and OSHA maintenance regulations
- Works with Quality Control Manager to monitor and record all scale checks and calibrations at ready mix and block production plants
- Maintains file of capitalized repair project expenses
- Attends seminars related to employee and customer relation, proper equipment operation and maintenance, and product training updates when required
- Prepares and presents at Managers conference including power point and pictures when required
Directly supervises employees within the maintenance department. Maintains a positive attitude and conduct supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Lyman-Richey Corporation policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include (after review by the General Manager and HR department) interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; motivating employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Having a CDL is highly preferred but being open to aquiring a CDL is manditory.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree in Electrical/Mechanical Technology, Project Management or equivalent of two years related supervisory experience and/or training. Maintains Crane operator certification, Articulating and Telescopic Boom Lift, Scissor Lift, LRC loader and forklift operator certifications.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safely rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, volume, and cubic yards. Knowledge of accounting principles and the ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word and should be able to use the internet and e-mail effectively.
APPLY ONLINE AT: jobs.crh.com