Plant Foreman is directly responsible for; maintaining positive customer relations, supervising and coordinating activities of workers engaged in the manufacturing of concrete products, testing of concrete products, delivery of ready mix concrete, and merchandise, and the safety of all employees under your supervision by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with Operations Manager on issues affecting business, personnel, safety, maintenance, upcoming projects, competition, and pricing.
- Addresses employee and customer relations issues.
- Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Maintains payroll and driver records.
- Reviews and approves the processing of delivery tickets, purchase orders, fuel consumption, equipment maintenance, and mileage sheets.
- Oversees and maintains appropriate inventory levels.
- Receives cash payments for shipments from drivers and prepares deposits and reports of cash and charge sales.
- Communicates with the Operations Manager and Human Resources Department on issues affecting employee hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination when appropriate.
- Directs production workers to cast concrete products according to customer specifications.
- Reviews daily the efficiency of plant operations including employee hours, fuel and utility usage, and all equipment maintenance expenses.
- Assists with Conducting employee evaluations and weekly driver / employee meetings.
- Confers with plant production, QC department, and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading time.
- Works with the QC Department to ensure products meet specifications.
- Reviews mix designs with Quality Control Manager and computes amount of water to be adjusted daily to each mix of concrete related to aggregate moistures.
- Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket for use by Concrete Batch Plant Operator.
- Works with Safety Department to ensure compliance with City, State, and Federal regulations.
- Ensures that equipment and facilities are properly maintained.
- Monitors and records all scale checks and calibrations at ready mix production plant under your supervision.
- Monitors concrete placement and mix adjustments at project sites.
- Maintains file of current concrete admixture certifications.
Directly supervises employees in the sales, production, and delivery of concrete, block, and materials. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; motivating employees, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.