Lyman-Richey Corporation Omaha, NE
The Area Manager is responsible for the personnel and daily operations of multiple ready mix concrete production plants including but not limited to safety, hiring, training and discipline of employees, production efficiencies, quality control, inventory and adhering to environmental and local rules and regulations.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Promotes safe operating practices through employee engagement to identify, report and correct safety concerns
- Coordinates with other facilities to establish production schedules and efficient use of personnel to meet customer demands and optimize production capabilities.
- Communicates with Operations Manager and department staff on issues affecting personnel, safety, maintenance, production efficiency, product quality, current and upcoming projects and competition.
- Works with Operations Manager, HR, Plant Managers and/or Safety Department to interview, hire, train, coach, engage, evaluate and when necessary discipline employees.
- Manages the plant raw material and inventory. This may include daily review with Plant Mangers to verify inventory levels are appropriate, ensuring month end inventory counts are completed and reported and periodically spot-checking plants for accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring plants maintain annual state and DOT certifications, environmental inspection and reporting, fuel reports, pre/post trip reports as well as any other documentation required by Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Responds to employee and customer feedback and project delivery challenges.
- Maintains a working knowledge of batch, dispatch, truck tracking, truck mounted camera systems, plant and mobile production equipment as well as preventative and proactive maintenance schedules. Works with maintenance departments to meet these schedules.
- Ensures cash payments from customers are accounted for and deposited. Reports any misappropriation of cash or inventory to Operations Manager, Accounting department and VP of Concrete Companies.
- Understands HOS requirements and ensures all personnel under your supervision work within these requirements.
- Conducts weekly plant safety meetings and actively participates in weekly management team meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year College or University; or a minimum of four years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the operation of ready mixed concrete facilities or other directly related industry experience preferred.
- Experience using TrackIt, SmartDrive and Command software preferred.
| Date Posted
January 17, 2019
| Located In
| Job Type
| Start Date
| Positions Available
| SOC Category
11-1021.00 General and Operations Managers
This job offers the following benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories